MefHySto: Assessment of the Closing Conference at the BAM in Berlin.
The Closing Conference of the MefHySto project took place from 3-5 July 2023 in Berlin at the Federal Association for Materials Science (BAM), organised by BAM and co-organised by the European Research Institute for Innovation in Gas and Energy (ERIG).
It was a great event and we had fruitful discussions and knowledge exchange around hydrogen storage and metrology.
With a total of 85 registrations, we had around 40 guests in person, and the rest had the opportunity to join the conference online. In total, 22 posters were part of the poster exhibition and four exhibitors presented their products or companies on site.
The key themes of MefHySto were:
- Power-to-Hydrogen: Presentation of conversion and analysis solutions for the conversion of energy into hydrogen.
- Thermophysical properties: In-depth insight into the properties and behaviour of hydrogen and gaseous mixtures.
- Hydrogen to energy conversion: exploration of gas analysis solutions for hydrogen energy generation.
- Reversible storage: Examination of innovative methods for reversible hydrogen storage.
- Geological storage: Investigation of hydrogen storage in geological formations.
Adriana Morales Marín, R&D specialist at the Aragón Hydrogen Foundation, presented the work package related to metrology for reversible hydrogen storage technologies, which was developed together with Mahytec partners, designing a setup for measuring thermal conductivity in metal hydrides.
Morales welcomed the fact that during the meeting, not only the project results were shared, but also the knowledge of all the experts involved as partners in MefHySto.